My Top 5 Home Beauty Tips

Hi guys! How is everyone? I am good. Just sitting here drinking my tea on a Sunday afternoon. Just some me time you know. You should ALWAYS put yourself first. I know it is hard but it is really important to take care you physical and mental health. I think that I am doing a pretty good job at taking care of myself. I am stressed out af all of the time but other than that, I am doing just fine. I am good. I am 22 (turing 23). I am a grown ass woman. You bet I can take care of myself. Hey, I "left" my family and friends and moved half across the world. During that time I had no one. I mean I had friends but not friends who were like family.

Since it's such a chill day (at least in the house of Erika Eklund) I thought that I would share some of my favorite home beauty treatments. When I say "home" I mean using stuff that you can find in your fridge or your pantry. Sundays are for relaxing and why not treat yourself to a spa day at home! 'Cause you know sometimes you just don't feel like dealing with other people and other times your wallet says no.


  1. LEMONS. This one is for all you ones with an oily skin. Lemons are really the shit against that. It is also really good for removing blackheads. Try it! It is really easy! All you have to do is to squeeze a little lemon juice a to a cotton pad and wipe it across your face. You don't have to rinse afterwards, just moisturise. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
  2. BAKING SODA. Baking soda is great for so many thing! Not just your face. But now we are talking about beauty stuff so if you want to know more about the greatness that is baking soda I will have to get around to it another time. Just like lemons baking soda is great against oily skin and blackheads. What you do is that you take one tablespoon of baking soda and mix it with two tablespoons of water. Then you apply it to your face as a face mask. You leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes. Or at least until it has hardened. When you was your face you will feel all of that excess oil just rinse off!
  3. CUCUMBER. Now cucumber is really good against redness and stressful skin. Plus as a bonus your skin will smell (and feel) really fresh. What you do is really simple. You cut a slice of cucumber wipe the cutting surface over your face.
  4. SUGAR. This one has saved me a lot of money and it will save you a lot of money. I use sugar as a facial and body scrub. I just mix it in with my facial wash and wash my face as regular. Why spend money on expensive beauty products when the things you have in your pantry works just as well?! Now for my face I use about one teaspoon of sugar and for my body about one tablespoon. 
  5. OLIVE OIL. I know that I have already told you about this one and the amazing benefits it has had on my hair. I use olive oil as a moisturiser for my hair. I brush my hair and sort it out the way I want to have it. Then I take about a tablespoon of olive oil in my palm and just run my hands through my hair. Sometimes I use more, sometimes less. Olive oil is also great for dry skin. So if you have patches of dry skin on your body just take a little olive oil and rub it on the spot.

That's all I really had for you guys today. I hope that you try all of these tips! They might not work for everyone because everyone has a different skin type. The one that I use the most is the sugar scrub. Let me know how it works for you and which one is your favorite!


your writer, Erika

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candice Swanepoel

HALLOUMI HOT POT

Beach Sexy