Winter Fun

This snow chaos has inspired me to make a post about fun winter activities. Because snow does not have to mean the end of the world even if it's not your favorite weather. When I was younger I actually took ice-skating lessons. Sadly I never stuck with it so I never learned any cool figure-skating tricks. I do remember that I got a diploma at the end of the year.

Picking up a sport is a really good thing because you're working out without really thinking about. The most important thing is to pick a sport that you have fun while doing it. Otherwise what's the point, right?

1) ICE-SKATING I think that I was around 5 or 6 when I started taking ice-skating lessons. I was really excited about because I had begged my parents about it. Then it wasn't was fun as thought. It was something I "had to do". So instead of going every week I started going every other week. I really wish that I would have had stuck with it. Ice-skating is a very good cardio exercise. 




2) SNOWBOARDING I think that I might have tried snowboarding like once or twice. No, once actually and that was a few years ago. This winter I am determined to try it at least once because I really want to learn. Patricia said that she can teach me how to ski. It's not the same thing. But okay this winter I am either going skiing or snowboarding. One or the other. YEAH!

3) ICE HOCKEY  Hockey can be a good alternative to ice-skating if you like being on the ice but are more into team sports. You still get to put on a pair of ice skates plus this sport is more brutal (if that's your thing - but I always say that violence is never the answer).



4) CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING If you didn't know already but this sport is different from regular skiing. Skiers rely on their own locomotion to move across snow covered terrain, instead of for example using ski lifts.

5) CURLING This sport is sometimes also referred to as "chess on ice" but I say curling. Curling is not as exciting as lets say basketball but like basketball it's also a team sport. It's kind of like billiards and bowling combined but on ice.


your writer, Erika

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candice Swanepoel

Beach Sexy

HALLOUMI HOT POT