Rock of Ages Review

I am sorry that I didn't blog yesterday since I have promised to try to blog everyday since I am between semesters. But I went to the preview screening of Rock of Ages last night. I didn't know what to blog about before I left for the preview screening and when I came home I was to exhausted to turn on the computer. I am not that obsessed that I need to blog everyday. Well, anyway since I went to the preview screening last night I though that I would be nice and review the movie. WARNING for spoilers!

First things first, the movie was good. If you love musicals you should go and see it. It was funny from time to time. Like when someone who worked at The Bourbon Room came up to Dennis (Alec Baldwin) and Lonny (Russell Brand) and informed Dennis that the beer guy is there and Dennis responded "Tell him I am busy....busy falling in love." The whole time he was staring at Lonny, barely agnolishing the other guy. Also when Stacee Jaxx (Tom Cruise) calls the Rolling Stone office to try to get a hold of Constance (Malin Åkerman). The guy who answers the phone is all alone at the office and the only light on is his table light. First he doesn't understand who Stacee is talking about because he call Constance Cinderella but then he figure out the Stacee means Constance. So he tells him that she is at The Bourbon Room covering Stacee Jaxx first solo gig. Stacee is a little confused so he says/ asks "I have a gig?" and the Rolling Stone guy responds "Are you Stacee Jaxx?" because he doesn't know that Stacee is on the other line but he doesn't get an asnwer from Stacee becase Stacee goes and try to find Constance. So the Rolling Stone guy says "Well, that does not make me feel like I am not going to get killed tonight?" LOL.

It's fun to see some of the actors like you have never seen them before. Like Tom Cruise. I mean damn (we all know he's a good actor), he really looks like a rock star, especially with that hair. Russell Brand, well I just thought this was right down his alley. Lonny seemed a little bit more sane than he his.
If you wonder if you should see it, I think you should. If you still not sure but like angry monkeys or just monkeys in human clothes then I can happily tell you that here is such a monkey in the movie. Hey Man aka Stacee Jaxx right hand.


your writer, Erika
picture source: http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/4/20/new-movie-posters-for-rock-of-ages-neighborhood-watch-and-th.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candice Swanepoel

Beach Sexy

HALLOUMI HOT POT